How to Apply
The MedTech Talent Accelerator Program is comprised of two parts: Explore MedTech and Experience MedTech. Explore MedTech consists of events and seminars designed to introduce students to the program and the MedTech industry. Explore MedTech events are open to everyone - no application is required.
Experience MedTech consists of courses, hands-on experience and an internship. To participate in Experience MedTech, students must submit an application. On this page, you'll find more information about the application process, timelines and who's eligbile to apply.
To apply for Experience MedTech, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a graduate student at Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson), McGill University, University of Calgary, Dalhousie University, or University of British Columbia in any program of study related to MedTech,
- Complete all of your coursework requirements and research and will be in the writing phase of your thesis by:
a) August 31st, 2022, Confirm this with your supervisor. You then should be able to take on a full-time R&D
internship with a MedTech company from September 1st, 2022, for a 4-month or 8-month period.
b) December 31, 2022, Confirm this with your supervisor. You then should be able to take on a full-time R&D internship
with a MedTech company from January 2nd, 2023, for a 4-month or 8-month period.
c) April 30th, 2023, Confirm this with your supervisor. You then should be able to take on a full-time R&D internship with a MedTech company from May 1st, 2023, for a 4-month or 8-month period.
3. Be ready to accept interviews and internships offered by our MedTech company partners. Students are only allowed to decline a maximum of TWO interview requests and a maximum of ONE internship offer with full justification. After this, the MedTech Talent Accelerator reserves the right to withdraw the student's application from the Experience MedTech
Please Note: Students should not directly correspond with MedTech company partners until after confirmation of an approved internship. Failure to do so could result in the disqualification of the student from the program
2021 / 2022 Dates
- The application form is available for September 2022, January 2023, and May 2023 Internships.
- Information Session: July 14th, 2022
- Application Deadline: July 30th, 2022
- Notification of Decision: Ongoing
How to Apply
Step 1: Prepare Application Materials
Prepare an application with the following items:
1. Confirmation from Supervisor
Have your supervisor confirm in writing (use this pdf form) that you will have completed your coursework and research activities related to your thesis by either August 30th, 2022 for September 1st, 2022 internship; December 31st, 2022 for January 2nd, 2023 internship; and April 30th, 2023 for May 1st, 2023 internship. Acquire the signatures needed, and save as a pdf file.
Prepare a resume/CV to submit to industry partners. We recommend that you connect with your Career Centre and have your resume/CV fully reviewed by a Career Consultant. Applications with poor-quality resumes will be rejected. Save this as a pdf file.
a. Contact Information:
i. Remove specific home address, email, and phone #. Resume circulated widely.
b. Key Item to include: Project management knowledge/experience
ii. Only include City, Province (Toronto, ON)
c. Industry prefers Resumes over CV
3. Pitch Yourself! (650 characters)
The purpose of a pitch is to describe yourself and your abilities to prospective employers. You want to give your potential employer a quick sense of who you are and a few strengths that you have to offer.
4. Behavioural Question (1 min video)
In a one minute video, please briefly introduce yourself and answer the following question: If your manager asks you to complete or do a task/project and you don’t know how to do it, what do you do? (please do not edit the video - needs to be a simple recording)
Save a pdf version of your unofficial transcript.
Step 2: Submit Application Online
Fill out the online application form, attach the materials outline in Step 1 and submit your application
We acknowledge the support of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).