The Life Sciences Talent Accelerator is a training program designed to launch the next generation of industry-ready talent for the Canadian Life Sciences sector.
This program combines hands-on internship experience with training courses, live seminars, and an immersive role-playing training environment.
The life sciences industry is a complex and highly regulated industry that requires new talent to acquire specialized knowledge and skills that cannot be provided by interning alone.
The Life Sciences Talent Accelerator Program includes activities to provide industry-specific exposure, training and experiential learning opportunities for program participants from diverse backgrounds. Our training program combines hands-on internship experience with training courses, live seminars, and an immersive role-playing training environment.
The first phase is exposure to the life sciences industry through various seminars and a Hackathon. Seminars in this program will be presented by industry leaders, and will better prepare talent with the foundational skills, knowledge and experience for a career in the life sciences industry.
During the second phase, participants will take the online, self-paced training program with the goal of preparing them for placement with Ontario-based life science companies, effectively transitioning them into the industry.
To qualify for the training, participants need to be from any of the four below categories of talent:
- Current Student searching for internship opportunities.
- New or soon-to-be Graduate searching for full-time opportunities.
- Current employee in the Life Sciences industry searching for growth opportunities.
- Currently an employee in another industry and looking to transition into the Life Sciences industry.
With a central focus on producing industry-ready talent, the Life Sciences Talent Accelerator program will position participants for a rewarding career in Ontario’s life sciences industry.
In order to create industry-ready talent, the content offered through our training program was developed in close consultation with current industry experts.
The Life SciencesTA prepares new talent with the most in-demand skills for careers in the life sciences industry and prepares new talent to join sector companies across the spectrum including startups, large companies and multinationals.
Year at a Glance
The Life Sciences Talent Accelerator is a training program designed to launch the next generation of industry-ready talent for the Canadian Life Sciences sector. The program is being led by BioTalent Canada in collaboration with Toronto Metropolitan University, Sheridan College, Life Sciences Ontario, Mississauga Board of Trade, and the City of Mississauga.
Life Sciences Talent Accelerator participants will receive industry-specific exposure, training, and experiential learning to effectively transition new talent to employment in Ontario’s Biomanufacturing and Life Sciences sector, providing much-needed talent to this vital industry.
The Life Sciences Talent Accelerator prepares talent for employment within the vital Ontario Life Sciences industry.
Talent will participate in live seminars, and self-paced training modules to gain hands-on experience through an immersive role-playing virtual training environment.
- The Life Sciences Talent Accelerator’s Industry-readiness courses provide essential skills and knowledge for careers in the biomedical and life sciences industry.
- Upon successfully completing the modules, talent will be awarded digital badges recognized by industry professionals.
- During the two phases of the Life Sciences Talent Accelerator program, participants will be exposed to the life sciences industry through various seminars, a Hackathon, and an online, self-paced training program.
- Graduates will be prepared for placement with Ontario-based life science companies, effectively transitioning them into the industry.
Learn more about the program and meet our instructors.
Get involved in the program. View and register for upcoming events.
View program eligibility requirements and more.
Learn more about our training opportunities.
Submit your application form.
We acknowledge the support of the Government of Ontario.